The Harvard Club of the Palm Beaches
SIGNATURE SPRING EVENT
Polo & Argentine Asado
A Harvard Club of Palm Beaches late afternoon outing with
Harvard's Head Polo Coach Crocker Snow AB '61.
A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit the Harvard Polo Team.
Sunday, March 10, 2024
Plan to arrive at 2:30 PM to get settled in.
Grand Champions Polo Club is offering complimentary valet service to Harvard Club of the Palm Beaches' guests. Once you've parked your vehicle, you will be driven via golf cart to the Club's reserved seating area.
Chairs will be made available, most of them are in tents.
GET THE FEEL OF THE SWING! Before the match, have fun with an interactive foot mallet demonstration. Learn about polo and polo ponies, and then stay to watch the game. Knowing when to swing the mallet while galloping at 30 miles an hour is not an easy thing; it’s a learned skill that comes with endless hours of practice and games. Timing is affected by the horse’s stride and size; differences in these areas affect the timing of the shot. Attendees who wish to participate won't need to mount a polo pony for this portion of the event, but you will use a real polo mallet, and you will hit a real polo ball. This is your opportunity to TRY YOUR SWING!
After the foot mallet demonstration, the Club will have the opportunity to watch an exciting polo match. The game will be a 26-goal match, the highest level played outside of Argentina.
Get ready for a heart-pounding competition and true survival of the fittest featuring teams with skilled athletes, and finest the horses.
While watching the match, join your fellow Crimson for a delicious and authentic Argentine "asad0”. This traditional BBQ features a variety of meat and lots of it.
Grand Champions Polo Club
13444 South Fields Road | Wellington | 33414
All sales are final.
(beer and wine NOT included)
- Harvard Club of the Palm Beaches Members: $100.00 per person (Plus one allowed at the Member rate)
- Regional Club Members: (Broward, Central Florida, Miami, Naples, Vero, and the HBS Club of South Florida): $100.00 per person (Plus one allowed at the Member rate)
- Non-Members: $120.00 per person
- Children (under 12): $50.00 per child
(Includes beer and wine)
- Harvard Club of the Palm Beaches Members: $120.00 per person (Plus one allowed at the Member rate)
- Regional Club Members: (Broward, Central Florida, Miami, Naples, Vero, and the HBS Club of South Florida): $120.00 per person (Plus one allowed at the Member rate)
- Non-Members: $140.00 per person
AT THE DOOR
(cash or check ONLY - includes beer and wine)
- Members/Non-members: $150.00 per person
Your tickets to this event will include
Valet parking (complimentary, tips are appreciated)
- Reserved seating for the event
- Polo mallet demonstrations and commentary by Harvard Head Polo Coach Crocker Snow.
- Authentic Argentine asado. This traditional BBQ features a variety of meat and lots of it.
About our guest speaker
Crocker Snow '61 has been the head coach of the Harvard Polo Team since its renaissance in 2007 after a dozen-year hiatus. The oldest college team in the country dating from the 1890s, the team now plays intercollegiately against some of the 30-odd college teams in the country, as well as internationally. Twenty-odd players comprised of Men and Women varsities and a mixed JV. help take care of a “string” of 16 polo ponies (horses) headquartered at the Harvard Polo & Equestrian Center in South Hamilton, Ma, Snow started playing while in college (when it didn’t conflict with the hockey team), and continued playing as an amateur in a range of polo tournaments on the East Coast and elsewhere, and in a dozen countries in Europe, Latin America, The Middle East, and Asia during his travels as a journalist. Three of his five sons played professionally, including America’s last 10-goal player (who went to Yale).
2:30-3:00 PM Valet to reserved area
3:00-3:30 PM Foot Mallet Demo
4:00 PM Grand Champions 26-goal Polo Match
5:00 PM Argentine Asado
5:30 PM Guest Speakers
SPONSOR THE EVENT!
Harvard Club Polo Event Sponsor
Sponsors receive event recognition, Harvard swag, and two (2) admission tickets to the polo event.